Welcome to the second installment of Operation Pirate bedroom! My boys are currently in two separate bedrooms, but once the new baby comes and is out of the basinette he or she will be kicking Andrew out of his room. We are planning to get bunk beds for Luke and Andrew and I am working on getting some projects done for their room. I shared Andrew’s pirate quilt on Monday. This is a really simple bunting that I made a while ago.
It hangs over the top of Luke’s bed right now. I can’t quite remember if I used a tutorial for this– they are all over the place on blogs. I fussy cut the triangles out of some fat quarters and leftover fabric I had in my stash. I cut backing triangles out of muslin, sewed them together, and turned them inside out. Once I gave them a good press I sandwiched them between the layers of packaged bias tape. It was really quick and is a great way to showcase fun fabric.
I’ll be back later in the week with the final completed pirate project!