I have been wanting to make a chambray Everyday Skirt pretty much since I first got the pattern. I was really excited to have just enough leftover herringbone chambray fabric from this Washi dress and Luke’s pullover parka to make the skirt.
This is my fifth make of this skirt. (Here are my corduroy and pirate ship versions.) I wear these skirts a lot in the summer. I love the fullness of the skirt, but because the side panels aren’t gathered there isn’t too much bulk on my already bulky hips. The elastic back makes it extra comfortable and easy to wear.
I have been wanting to make another Sorbetto top for a while. This tank is a free pattern from Colette Patterns and it’s a great, quick sew. My first one hasn’t been blogged but can be seen in this Me Made May post. It fits pretty well, but whenever I wear it I think it might fit a little better with a small bust adjustment. I decided to try it with some fabric I had leftover from my Malvarosa dress. I had to do some creative cutting to squeak out the shirt and I wasn’t able to make the front pleat.
I think the fit is better in the front, but I’ve got some weirdness in the back. There is a bunch of extra fabric pooling in the lower back. I made this top before I realized that I can pretty much always benefit from a forward shoulder adjustment. I don’t know if that adjustment would be enough to fix the problem or if I should also do a swayback adjustment. Eventually, I want to make another muslin trying both adjustments to see if I can perfect the fit of this top.