I’ve been reading Teresa’s blog since about the time I started this blog and she is a frequent commenter here. I love her style and I am in love with this new Delphine skirt she just posted on her blog. I can’t wait for Tilly’s book to be released here in the States!
It’s been fairly recently that I’ve started following Jacki’s blog– probably because she just started it fairly recently! It’s fun to keep up with what she’s making and I especially appreciate this letter to her toddler, since I have two of my own who are often up to these kinds of shenanigans!
Back to the award!
This award is similar to The Liebster Award, being a way for bloggers to share their fave blogs, gain a bit more exposure and to get to know a little more about each other. If you choose to accept your nomination there are a few rules to follow:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 other versatile bloggers ***Just like Jacki I say, Sorry rules but I’m only going to nominate 5***
4. Tell the bloggers that you nominated them
Here are 7 (super random) things about myself:
1. I love to bake. Before I started this sewing blog I had dreams of becoming a food blogger. But I think you have to be a pretty amazing photographer to have a food blog, and I don’t know much of anything about photography.
2. I am a lefty. My mom taught me to cut right handed because she thought that left-handed scissors would be hard to come by in school. I’m not the best at cutting, which is a pain for someone who likes to sew.
3. The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars movie.
4. I love to make lists. To do lists, grocery lists, top 10 desert island CD lists, top 100 favorite movie lists, things to sew lists…
5. When I was in about 3rd grade the book Ramona Quimby Age 8 came out. I couldn’t stop reading it when I was walking home from school and I walked right into a (slowly) moving car. Even that didn’t get me out of going to piano lessons.
6. I can’t roll my tongue.
7. I don’t drink anything with caffeine because I suffer from migraines. My sister told me at some point that dark chocolate has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. I tried to give it up but there is only so much a person can do.
Here are the 5 bloggers that I nominate:
Nadeen from Four Corners. I love her sewing projects and I blatantly copied her Briar Rose Briar Tee. Her travel posts are really incredible, too.
Carrie from Carrie in Stitches. Her blog is fairly new and full of good stuff. I love her Washis and the recenltly posted color block Scout tee.
Helen of Just So Therapeutic. I started following her during Me Made May and was blown away at all of her amazing creations. She has such great style and almost makes me want to try my hand at knitting a cardigan!
Inder from Inder Loves Folk Art. I discovered her blog when after she commented on a post on my blog. I am pretty jealous she has a daughter to sew for and it’s fun to see what she’s making for her son (and for herself, of course!)
Carolyn from Allspice Abounds. I know next to nothing about how Twitter works, but I think that’s where I started following Carolyn. She made some pretty amazing Wee Wonderfuls dolls and I love her Renfrew Maxi Dress.